After spending nearly four months in Cuba in 2013 - I fell in love with Cuba: the culture, the people, the steamy capital, and most of all the dance and music.
I would like to share my experience with you in a one-week intensive Cuban Dance Workshop from Feb. 7 to Feb. 14, 2014 in Havana - Vamos a bailer en Havana!
This winter escape from the cold to the heat of Cuba for a week long intensive workshop in Cuban dance and culture. Come to see a different side of the country, separate from the all-inclusive resorts and all you can eat buffets - this is not a lazy beachside holiday.
Get to know locals and the bustling capital as you progress through the workshop. Take four hours of dance classes during the day, and spend the evenings dancing the night away at top local salsa venues and concert halls in Havana.
Study Cuban dance and music with the Mari Suri Escuela de Bailes Cubanas, an internationally recognized school with over 19 years of experience.
Areas of study include: body movement, rumba, afro-cuban folkloric dance, as well as the more classic salsa casino, rueda de salsa and son. Cha-cha-cha, danzon and other styles can be incorporated based on interest.
The week-long intensive offers:
- 20 hours of instruction in various cuban styles of dance and body movement
- includes one-on-one private instruction during partner workprivate personalized one hour class daily in a selected style
- *Nightly dancing at local salsa venues/concerts Welcome party with dinner and show at the dance academy on the first nightPrivate beach excursion at the beautiful Santa Maria del Mar, Playas del Este just north of Havana (transportation included)
- Live rumba street show excursions including transportFarewell dinner at a local Cuban restaurant
Price per person:
$595 Early bird pricing with deposit of $200 prior to Dec 20, 2013; $650 regular
****Early bird pricing extended to January 10, 2014 and an additional discount of $100 available through a Facebook only offer - see the invite: Bailando Havana 2014****
Participants are responsible for:
- Flights - Prices range from $400-700 CDN as of Dec. 1, 2013 - Purchase early for better availability. Flights can be booked through West Jet, Air Canada, Cubana Air, and Sunwing (packages can also include accommodations)
- Accommodations: Private room and bathroom (casa particulares) available at or near the school for 7 nights, for only $175 single occupancy and $88 per person (double occupancy).
- Local transportation and meals unless otherwise specified
- **Participants must pay for their own nightly entertainment costs
Expect to budget between $50-$75 daily for the costs listed above.
**All prices listed above in Canadian Dollars
**Maximum of 12 spots on this trip (minimum of 4 required) - RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!
For more information or to reserve your spot, please contact me via through this page, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, by telephone: +1 (613) 866- 3130