JOIN US FOR THE FOURTH ANNUAL BAILANDO CUBA DANCE HOLIDAY, IN HAVANA, CUBA FROM MARCH 6 - 13, 2017!
Come immerse yourself in Cuban culture this winter. Enjoy learning in a group environment, BUT with ONE-ON-ONE instruction during partnered classes, and professional dancers (taxi dancers) to keep you dancing "all night long, all night, all night, all night long...!
1) Already dance Cuban or others styles of salsa (e.g., NY/LA)
2) Are interested in rumba (e.g., guaguanco) and afro-cuban dance; or
3) Are starting your salsa journey and want to know more about the roots of modern day salsa (i.e with Cuban son, rumba, etc.);
The Bailando Cuba package focuses on Cuban salsa (4 hours), Cuban body movement and reggaeton (3 hours) and also touch upon afro-cuban genres of dance including various orishas and rumba (e.g., guaguanco) (up to 3 hours). Those who wish to specialize in a particular style (e.g., afro-cuban/rumba only) are also welcome to do so, please contact Caroline Yung directly for more info.
In addition to 10 hours of dance classes, you will attend live timba and son concerts, see a Cuban rumba concert/show, plus go dancing with your teachers and other professional dancers throughout the week. And what trip to Cuba is complete without a trip to the beach?
Your one week holiday includes:
- 10 hours of private/semi-private classes with professional dance teachers in a variety of Cuban dance styles. There is also the option to specialize in one genre, see more below.
- 4 dance outings (matinee/night) joined by taxi dancers/teachers **
- 1 day trip to the beautiful Santa Maria del Este beach (includes transportation)
- 2 or 3 concerts: son, afro-cuban rumba, and timba
- 1 city walking tour of old Havana plus a visit to some of Vedado's most famous sites in a vintage car.
WHAT LEVEL OF DANCING IS REQUIRED?
The course is open to all-levels and we will seperate the beginner and intermediate dancers.
*Specialized focused packages are also available on-demand (e.g., 10 hours intensive body movement, salsa, or a rumba and afro-cuban course.
**Early bird price of $625 CDN until December 1, 2016,
**$650 CDN after
NOTE: Prices are listed in CDN dollars and based on the exchange rate from the CDN dollar to Cuban Convertible Peso. If there are any large decreases in the Canadian dollar, some of the activites (not the classes) may change to reflect the exchange rate.
Note: A $250 deposit is required to register and secure your spot. Your deposit is 100% refundable until December 30, 2016. No refunds will be issued after December 30, 2016.
**ONLY 15 SPOTS AVAILABLE. REGISTER EARLY TO SECURE YOUR SPOT.
***PLEASE SEND YOUR DEPOSIT OF $250 CDN BY EMAIL OR PAYPAL TRANSFER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fine print: Nightly excursions include entrance and taxi dancers for one venue, nightly. Approximate ratio of taxi dancers to students is 2 to 1, depending on registration numbers.
itininerary for 2016 -
(2017 schedule coming soon...)
TESTIMONIALS: WHAT DID OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF BAILANDO CUBA?
Read a few of the testimonials below:
- "Caroline covered all the bases with her planning. She provided the group with a “behind the scenes” look at the real Cuba and all the incredible diversity of its culture and venues that tourists would never experience on their own. The dancing was incredible and we were privileged to meet people from all over the world. It was by far, the best trip of my life and I would recommend Caroline and Bailando Cuba to everyone!!! …she really has an inside tract and is well connected with the locals…" - Alan (Windsor, CAN)
- "I was a complete newcomer to salsa when I decided to take this trip but I figured, if I’m going to learn, I might as well learn in Cuba! And I’m so glad I did. Others on the tour definitely had more experience with salsa, but the lessons let us progress at our own level while still enjoying the fun of a group class. And having the teachers come out with us in the evenings really helped build my confidence dancing with different partners.
I’m not a salsa purist so I thought the range of dance and music styles we got to learn and be exposed to was incredible and I feel like I’ve come away from this comfortable in my Cuban salsa and rumba abilities and with a greater appreciation for the musical traditions of the country. Not to mention finding my hidden talents for reggaeton!
Travelling to Cuba with Caroline though was what really made this trip great. Caroline is so passionate about dance and has totally immersed herself into the Havana dance community so I felt like we really got a more authentic and integrated experience of the Cuban dance culture and real Havana life than most tourists do. By the same token, it also felt like we avoided many of the hassles that tourists to Havana complain about, leaving more time to enjoy the warm and friendly vibes of the city.
If you’re a dance and music lover, or just want to see a different side of Cuba than the pre-packaged resorts, I can’t recommend this trip highly enough." - Mandy, (Toronto, CAN)
- ..."I had the pleasure of attending Caroline's Bailando event and it was the best Caribbean holiday I've ever had! I went from zero knowledge of salsa to feeling quite confident on the dance floor. I loved my dancing classes every day and I thought the scheduling was done very well. Every evening was so much fun and in addition to choosing a variety of great dance venues and knowing all the best places to eat and drink, she also introduced us to fantastic locals who were incredibly welcoming and so much fun to dance with! Nothing better than awesome weather, music, dancing, and good company!" ~ Hilary (The Pas, Manitoba, CAN)
CHECK OUT OUR PREVIOUS TRIPS!
Photos from several Rumba Street shows taken in Havana, 2013 - Photos by Caroline Yung 2013
Bailando - Gente De Zona featuring Descember Bueno - Love this video!