Buy your tickets here! - https://www.picatic.com/anamasacoteweekend
Azucar! Latin Dance Company and Bailando Ottawa are very proud and excited to invite Ana Masacote to Ottawa to teach a weekend of workshops. Ana Masacote is a well-known figure in the international salsa scene, and is widely recognized as one of the best dancers in the world.
Learn more about Ana at www.masacote.com
Ana began her salsa journey at the age of 15 and has since traveled to 30+ countries across 5 continents and countless cities in between for teaching and performance. Ana's unique style and musicality have earned her tremendous popularity. Her passion is helping others understand how to connect with the music through their dance.
Saturday, April 9th
Montgomery Legion, Garrison Sergeant Hall (Second floor)
330 Kent St, Ottawa
2:00 - 3:00pm – Salsa On 2
Masacote teaches Salsa NY Style On 2, a style that focuses on the Tumbao rhythm of the congas. Learn partner connection through lead and follow.
3:00 - 4:00pm – Cuban Movement
Open to ALL levels of dancers, men & women. Class begins with stretch & warm up techniques that prepares the body for learning the beautifully complex movements of Cuban Folkloric Secular and Non-Secular dance.
4:00 - 4:30pm – Ask Ana! Q&A session
Ask Ana all your burning questions about dance, music and life.
-- break --
8:00 - 9:00pm – All-level Salsa by Jeff and Ana G.
Whether you are a complete beginner or a salsa veteran, Jeff and Ana G. from Azucar! Latin Dance Company got you covered! We will be teaching an all-level salsa class to kick off the evening social. No partners required, all levels welcome!
9:00pm - 2:00am – Evening social
From the people who brought you Salsa @ City Hall and Bailando, it’s time to bring on the party! Featuring our guest of honour Ana Masacote, and music by DJ Gury Gury from Toronto, you do not want to miss this!
Sunday, April 10th
Azucar! Latin Dance Company Studio
176 Rideau St, Ottawa
11:30am - 1:00pm – Ladies’ Styling Masterclass ( Only 20 spots available!)
Open to ALL level of dancers. Work on arm & body connection applicable to solo or partner dancing. Learn the rules & develop the tools to finding your own personal style & voice of expression.
See you on the dance floor!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Prices on the web site are advance sale prices. Online tickets will be available until April 8, 2016, 11:59pm EST.
2. On the day of the event, tickets will only be available for purchase in person at the door. Prices will increase as follows: one Saturday workshop, $30; both Saturday workshops, $55; Saturday social, $15; full Saturday pass, $60; Ladies' Styling Masterclass, $45. These prices include HST and can be paid in cash only.
REFUNDS & TRANSFERS:
1. REFUNDS for all online purchases are available if request for refund is submitted on or before February 29, 2016, irrespective of purchase date. No refunds will be granted for requests submitted later than February 29, 2016, 11:59pm EST.
2. TRANSFERS for all online purchases are available if request for transfer is submitted on or before March 31, 2016, irrespective of purchase date. No transfers will be granted for requests submitted later than March 31, 2016, 11:59pm EST.
3. All purchases made on or after April 1, 2016 are final and cannot be refunded nor transferred.
4. Requests for refund or transfer must be made in writing to email@example.com and include a copy of the proof of purchase. For ticket transfers, the request must also include the name and email address of the person to whom the ticket is being transferred.